The initial configuration of the OOB management IP Interface has already been completed. In this Cisco Simulation I have configured Cisco Fabric Manager and Device Manager, and the implemented the SAN design show below using Quick Configuration Wizard.
- Setup OOB Management IP
- Install Fabric Manager and Device Manager from the embedded web server in the MDS 9124 switch.
- Access using any browser and then type the assigned IP address.
- Click fabric manager to begin the installation.
- Select Local interface and click use device aliases in place of FC aliases.
And click Finish.
- Before you open Fabric Manager you will configure VSANs and Zones using the Device Manager quick configuration wizard.
- Click Device Manager icon on the desktop.
- Click FC menu.
Then click quick config.
- Check the Enable box next to Port 7 and type 2 in VSAN field for port 7 then press enter. (this is your mail server)
- To create a zone that contains port 7 (email server) and 17 (email storage), check the box at the intersection of row 17 and column 7.
- Confirm Changes (Configuration preview)
- Notice that ports 7, 8, 17 and 18 are now up.
- To verify that the devices have logged in successfully to the fabric, you can view the Fibre channel name server. FC menu> Name server.
- The WWNs for all four devices are displayed. Your configuration is complete.
Viewing Fabric topology using Fabric Manager
- Click Fabric Manager Application. And login
- You must now login to your switch to discover fabric.
View of Fabric Manager